Sunday, April 28, 2013

UTAH (part 1)

Rick picked us up from the airport late Thursday night & we just hung out all day Friday playing with the kiddos.  We are delighted that our grandchildren love to read, it is such an important part of their development & education...plus it's pretty exciting to read with G'pa because he is so fun!  He will often read with silly voices, or the wrong words, or change the character's names up with the g'kid's names to add a little excitement to the stories...


The girls built lots of towers & structures with G'pa's help...


I couldn't get enough of Cooper!  He's changing & growing up sooooo fast!  I was kind of a Cooper-hog...

Keira is a very attentive & helpful BIG sister...it was fun to watch & see how much she loves her little brother.  She is at the perfect age to help because she still thinks it's fun!  I'm not sure when they grow out of that - maybe it's just the teenage years when they decide it's not fun to help anymore?  (You've still got time to take advantage of it, Leah.)


The next day was General Conference.  Terri & family came over to watch it with us.  Jude loves Baby Cooper, too.  He was so sweet with him...


After the morning session, we decided to head to Heritage Park in SLC to see their Baby Farm Animals.  It was a beautiful day, but windy & very chilly up on the mountain!  The kids were so excited, we could barely keep up with them!


Of course I had to stop for donuts!  We actually cleaned them out & the girl had to make more for the customers that came after us...oops!


Cooper wasn't interested in the donuts, but he was happy to get out of his stroller for a little bit...such a sweet little monkey!


We enjoyed all the cute little houses on display at Pioneer Village...I would not enjoy sleeping on this luxury bed - I've been spoiled & I would make a lousy Pioneer Woman!  I'm glad I was born in the 20th Century!


We made it over to the animals & the girls jumped on the pony rides...


There were tons of baby animals to see & touch - they had such a great time!  I thought it was pretty cool myself!




Poor Lexi was freezing & stayed bundled up in her brother's blanket (actually we all were freezing, Lexi was just smarter than the rest of us!)...


We were all excited to ride the train (& warm up a little)...



We walked around the "This is the Place" monuments & reflected on our pioneer heritage - so grateful for those early Saints who endured such great hardships to come out west where they prepared the way for our families to enjoy the religious freedoms we enjoy today...truly, "All is Well."




These cute cousins love each other & have so much fun together...it warms my heart.

The next day we got together for lunch after the morning session of Conference, watched the afternoon session of Conference & played games - the kids couldn't get enough Apples to Apples...



We went home with Terri's family that night & continued the fun for Family Night the next day...coming up, UTAH part 2!

No comments: