Gold Rush Days
The past few years, our daughter-in-law, Amy, has arranged for her home school group to gather at our place to experience a little California history. Paul & I have a great time presenting Gold Rush Days for their group. We dress a little silly, split the group in half & Paul takes one group while I take the other, then we switch.
Paul gets the kids involved in the telling of the story using the kids as the characters...
I try to give the kids a little gold fever by singing about California Gold...I love when the adults get into it, too!
After our presentations, we walk the kids over to Marshall Gold Discovery Park & let them actually pan for gold...
We give the kids a walking tour of the park & Paul tells them about the highlights, including Sutter's Mill...
Then we walk back to the house for lunch & play time. The kids are always so nice & well behaved. We really enjoy participating in such a fun way.
Ward Activity
Our activities committee set up a fun night of Line Dancing & cowboy fun for April...
They had a photo spot set up & Paul was being silly & staring at me while they took our picture. The photographer was cracking up & I couldn't figure out why? I'm glad Paul knows how to make me laugh...I love him!
Great activities for the kids, too...
I didn't get a good photo of the entire group, there were tons more people dancing than it seems in my pix...
Mormon Helping Hands
The next day was our day of community service all over the state of California (& many other states), Mormon Helping Hands. Although our worldwide humanitarian projects are ongoing, we make arrangements with our local communities/governments for service projects that they recommend (projects they would like to see done) to beautify or improve the areas we live in. A handful of us cleaned up the grounds at Marshall Gold Discovery Park & repaired some picnic benches...
Happy Bday G'pa Fudge
Paul's Dad recently celebrated his 82nd Bday. They took their annual Father/Son date to San Francisco for lunch on Fisherman's Wharf & Ghiradelli's...
Paul's Dad recently celebrated his 82nd Bday. They took their annual Father/Son date to San Francisco for lunch on Fisherman's Wharf & Ghiradelli's...
They had all my favorites...Antarctica Guarana (drink) & poa de queijo (cheese bread)!
They brought around about 15 different meats & they were delicious! They keep coming by until you tell them to stop...
They even sang Happy Birthday for G'pa...
...& that wraps up our April.
Things haven't slowed down any around here...May has been just as busy with no end in sight. We are doing our best to make "every second count."
1 comment:
Okay, I need a nap after reading all your doin's. I can see Paul still has some of the 'bowlegged cowboy' in him as he performs the stories. Ask him about that.
Our kids talk about these Brazilian places all the time. How fun for Grandpa and Grandma to try something new. Heard they were great.
Post a Comment