Friday, June 28, 2013

Summer is finally here!

School's out for SUMMER!  

We got to attend Ethan's 5th Grade promotion.  He will join Trevor in Middle School next year...



And a shout out to this beauty who just finished junior high & will start HIGH SCHOOL next fall!  It is pretty surreal to think about her being all grown up!  (I will be attending my 40th high school reunion this weekend - friends have been posting old photos & memories trying to get everyone excited to come to the reunion...it seems like yesterday that I started high school, too!)

Adia, you are so beautiful & we know you will do great in high school!  But enjoy your summer first!



We love the Lullas!

Our River Rat friends, the Lullas, recently married off their daughter, Hannah in the Sacramento Temple.  We were honored to host their reception & ring ceremony here at the Riverhouse.  She was a beautiful bride!

Keith & Hannah, Deanna & Danny, Zoey, Autumn, & Hannah's twin brother, Miles.


I have to admit that our back yard is a beautiful setting for such an event.  Knowing that the Lullas love this river as much as we do made it extra fun to share in their special day.


Hannah's uncle climbed our rather tall trees & strung wire & lights across the lawn.  It was quite festive!



Avery's Piano Recital

I wish I could play the piano!  Of all the talents that one could enjoy throughout their life, playing the piano would be one talent that I would truly enjoy.  I'm glad that Avery is developing this talent - so far she loves it & is very good at it!



Escaping the SoCal fires...

Gina packed the kids up recently & brought them to play while the hills near & around her home burned & spewed smoke & ash all over her neighborhood.  The heat & air quality made things difficult so they decided to come & visit & escape the discomfort.

Nicole joined us for FHE & G'pa had the kids acting out Book of Mormon stories - it was pretty entertaining!

Alana = Laman, Luke = Nephi, Donovan = Laban, I was the angel (type-cast, I know!)

High 5 to "Nephi" for obeying the Lord!


This is Dono's new picture face.  He's shy about taking pictures so he closes his eyes when he poses, so you can't see him, but I tricked him & caught him with a smile AND his eyes open.  :)


Family Night treat at Whistle Stop Yogurt...YUM!


I happened to be working on Alana's quilt while they were here & she was very interested in helping me.  We had a great time "bonding & binding!"  She learned to "tie" a quilt & actually sewed the entire binding...she was all smiles!




Luke got to kayak a couple of times & the kids played on the waterslide, but they really liked putting their feet in the river & watching it float by...so peaceful!



Even Cassandra loved the water!


Summer is a busy time for us.  We have several trips planned & our family reunion coming up. I love Summer time!

No comments: