Friday, September 13, 2013

MORE Pre-Reunion Fun...

Disclaimer: I didn't take a lot of photos myself because I was busy doing stuff, so I stole most of these from my girls who take photos (so if you follow their blogs, too, these may look familiar).  I did have my camera out for anyone to grab & capture the memories as they saw them so even though I didn't personally take all of these, I did end up with a good number of photos thanks to them.

By the time the weekend rolled along, Jill & family made it to the party!  These little 5 years olds were so happy to see each other...nothing like cousin love!


We just hung out around the house a lot & watched the kids play...



Kiff was only here for a day before he had to go back to work.  He drove the family out, flew home, then flew back the following weekend for a little fun before they made the long drive home after the reunion.  He's a good sport!  He made the most of his short visit with his cute little family...



That night we held a little Karaoke Party...costumes optional...






For the finale, these 2 knuckleheads "schooled" everyone with their rendition of Jungle Book's "Bear Necessities"...it was a show stopper!



The fun continued the next day bright & early with these superheroes running around saving the world from the bad guys...


Cindi wanted to take the kids to pan for gold down the street at Marshall Gold Discovery Park but we were too early!  The blacksmith shop entertained everyone though & it was a nice long, hot, walk...




The girls took off to get some hair supplies to work their magic on Jill's hair.  It's nice to have 3 stylists in the family!  I stayed back with the kiddos to feed them lunch & put the littles down for a nap.  The bigger kids all play so well together, it was easy-peasy.  The girls kept sending me pix of their shenanigans...



They had Nicole meet them for her expert advice...& a little extra craziness...




Not to be outdone by them...we had a little shenanigans of our own!  I busted out the kids' old costumes & the g'kids went crazy dressing up!  I told them to pick out a costume & we would have a dress up tea-party for lunch, & that's just what we did!



They had so much fun, they played with the costumes while the babies took their naps...




We played in the water that afternoon.  We put the waterslides up in the back yard where it is much cooler...




It was nice to see that Jack warmed up to everyone quickly & it's nice to see how much these girls love their nieces & nephews...




I had the kids help me retire that ratty old flag you see in the background for FHE.  We talked about the flag as the symbol of our country & how to treat it with respect.  They helped me fold the old one & put up the new one.  We marched around singing "You're a Grand Old Flag" & then we said the "Pledge of Allegiance."  They were super cute!





That night...& the next few nights...the girls worked their magic on Jill's hair.  She has been coloring it dark for so long it was quite an ordeal to strip the dark to her natural brown & try to give her that brown ombre look...they did a great job.  Her hair is gorgeous!



Tuesdays are discount ticket days at the theaters around here.  We met all the local cousins to see Turbo.  10 adults & 19 kids...this is what 29 tickets look like!  We took up  two whole rows of theater seating!  We all had a blast!




Then we headed over to Casa da Boyz for swimming & pizza.  Again, it was fun to watch all the aunts & uncles playing with their nieces & nephews...







Uncle Ty & Uncle Ben spent most of their pool time getting climbed on & tossing kids around...





It is crazy fun when they all get together.  I'm sure it is overwhelming for everyone, but I'm glad they make an effort to get together so the cousins can build those memories.  You can bet we did our best to build some great memories this year...more craziness to come!



2 comments:

Diana and Gregg said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Diana and Gregg said...

I love family reunions. looks like you had a blast! beautiful family!