Friday, September 6, 2013

Pre-Reunion Fun

Finally getting to our Reunion in JULY!  It has been an eventful Summer!

Cindi & kids arrived early for the reunion - Terri & kids arrived the following day.  We didn't waste anytime getting the party started!  The kids love to just explore outside & play...

For FHE we explored the "wilderness" as we acted out Lehi's family's journey.  They had fun whining like Laman & Lemuel did, but ultimately they followed Nephi as we sang "Nephi's Courage" & marched around the property..."I will go, I will do the thing the Lord commands.  I know the Lord provides a way; he wants me to obey!"



Then we loaded up the Burb & headed to Whistle Stop Yogurt for a treat...



The next day, I thought it would be fun to take the kids on the Dave Moore Nature Trail.  Sure, they are smiling now, but it was SO hot...we ended with some super grumpy kids by the time we were done!





The best part of this whole hike is stopping to throw rocks in the River half way through...


Hamburger Rock..."CHEESE"burger!


After lunch, we made some birdfeeders with pinecones, peanut butter & birdseed...



The best part about making them is deciding where to hang them!  They get so excited when they see a bird eating off their birdfeeder...



G'ma's garden is always a favorite spot.  I had lots of helpers picking tomatoes, cucumbers, squash, & sampling the strawberries!





Cindi wanted to take the kids to Mel's Diner for fries & milk shakes...



The balloons brought a few smiles, too!



The power company does not let water down the River on Wednesdays so it's a fun time for littles to explore the river...



I thought these would help...




Everyone was so happy to see G'pa (who had been working in San Jose).  I love this picture even though it is blurry - the kids love to play with G'pa!


They helped him do his chores...


It's even more fun when you get big enough to ride the lawn mower all by yourself!


Aunt Cindi gave Jude a ride on the ATV, too...


After chores, they were so excited for G'pa to take them on the River!  Waiting patiently...






Jude didn't get to go with us (Terri hoped he would take a nap), but he was NOT happy to be left behind.  He was happy he got to play when they came to pick us up at the park...



We enjoyed having these two girls & their families for a little extra fun.  They are so beautiful & love being moms...they are doing such a great job, too!


More Pre-Reunion Fun to come...

No comments: