Sunday, April 20, 2014

Sunshine in Midgetland

We flew from Vegas straight to Mesa to see the Midgets...

We got to cheer them on at their Fun Run, a school fundraiser kind of like a walk-a-thon...they were so excited that we were there to watch them...




Cindi took us to the Gilbert Temple open house - such a beautiful temple!


Since we were out in Gilbert, we stopped by to see our dear friends, the Parkersons.  This picture isn't that great, but we had a great visit & laughed a lot, telling old stories.  They seem to be doing great!


The weather was perfect for playing outside.  These little midgets are pretty creative...Lucie is successfully riding her bike with roller skates on...


These "trikes" are pretty tricky...the back wheels revolve 360* around the handle bars - they are crazy!


Jessica brought her sweet baby Ella over for us to meet her along with her big brother Hayden.  They  seem to be adjusting to AZ pretty well...



The next morning was Valentine's Day & we made pink heart pancakes for breakfast...the kids were excited for their parties at school & they were even more excited with all the cards & treats they brought home.


We took them to see The Lego Movie & learned that "everything is AWESOOOOME!"


Celebrating my birthday with donuts on the way to Cori's volleyball game...


She's a great little player - aggressive & confident...



We found this great street sign on the way home & I had to stop & take a picture with it.  I've never seen a street named after me before...


Cindi & the kids made this delicious cake for me, some sweet cards, & they sang to me.  It's nice to feel loved...



I basically had my cake & ate it, too...


I'm usually ok with my birthdays & I look forward to growing older, but I have to admit that it was kind of sobering to realize that I'm 59.  This is the last year of my 50's...I have officially begun my 60th year!  Happy Birthday to me!


No comments: