Sunday, May 18, 2014

Jake's Baptism

We flew to Arizona for Jake's baptism & to celebrate this special time with this handsome boy.



It was fun to see some great family friends who came to celebrate with Jake, too.  Jessica & family moved to Mesa recently & the Lowry's drove up from Yuma.


These beautiful girls have been good friends for a long time.  I'm happy that they continue to love & support each other still...


Cindi chose to do a waffle bar for friends & family after the baptism...she found a recipe for those yummy waffles from the "Waffle Love" truck that is all the rage these days.  They were A-MA-ZING!!!



So far I've been successful in making all of our 8 year olds a personal sized TV quilt to cuddle up in.  Jake said he wanted a "black & white football quilt."  This is what I came up with & he seemed pretty happy with it...



I got to celebrate Easter with the Midgets - it is always fun to be with family for holidays...Cindi taught a beautiful lesson in Relief Society, she & Cori sang in the Ward Choir, & all the kids sang in the Primary Chorus.



After church we decorated some Easter eggs.  Cindi had a great selection of crafts on hand so we could get creative...



I loved Cori's Mike Wazowski (from Monster's Inc).  I made a fancy bird & Cindi's little girl was adorable!


Cindi hid some eggs in the back yard for a little Easter Egg hunt before dinner...



I got to take Lucie to tumbling & watch her practice for their tumbling recital.  I was glad it was picture day, I felt like I was at a dress rehearsal with everyone in costume.  Lucie is doing a series of back handsprings already - she is tumbling early like her mama...



Cindi took me to this studio for some HOT Pilates one day & HOT Yoga the next...I held my own with the Pilates, but the Yoga was brutal!  I could not keep up!  Hurray for modifications...& water breaks! Namaste!



Jake gave us a great lesson for FHE & then we went out for a treat to frozen yogurt...


It was a short visit but always fun to play with grandkids - they are such a happy bunch & make us feel loved.  Of course, it is always a sad plane ride home when I have to leave...but I'm happy to know that families are forever.  Congrats to Jake - it's great to be 8!

1 comment:

Linda and Rex said...

Cindy looks good and the kids are as cute as ever. Jake is just the little man isn't he.