Saturday, October 4, 2014

More September Stuff

I got to go to "Time Out For Women" in Sacramento with some friends from Church...it's always such a great event that uplifts me & encourages me in many areas...



I even saw some "old" friends from San Jose!  Courtney Johanson & Krisanne Gustavson...I saw Tammy Saville & her daughter Christy Buchanan, too - but alas, no photo...


I have to admit...it was REALLY difficult to stay focussed on the speakers because Ty texted me to let us know they were going to induce Christi!!! I kept checking my phone for baby news...but no word.  Around midnight, they decided to do a C-section & Trey Weston Carter was born at 1:56am on September 13th! 7 lbs 11.8 oz & 21 inches long...ABSOLUTELY PERFECT! Our 28th grandchild!



Christi's mom & sister jumped in the car & drove to Boise from Reno to help out for a week.  I made plans to fly out the following week to help.  It was a LONG week!  Meanwhile...

I went to visit my mom.  We went by the hospital to see Miss Opal, her 101 year old friend/neighbor of more than 24 years.  We were sad to learn that Opal needed to move to an assisted living facility & it would be difficult for Mom to go & visit. I love this fuzzy picture of them holding hands...they held hands the entire time we were there visiting.  Such a tender & sweet friendship they have - truly Christlike.


This was taken in 2009 when Mom first moved into Pinewood Glen.  Miss Opal is only 97 here. ;)


Mom humored me & let me take her photo...I love the twinkle in her eyes.  I am very lucky to have this lady as my mother.  She is truly "Glenda the Good."


Later Paul & I spent some time with our friends Tom & Tricia (Remember our friends with the castle in Ireland?).  They have a party boat & went spent the day with them on Folsom Lake.  Happy to see more water in the lake this year!





We also attended their annual BBQ/Hootenany Square Dance Event.  It's always so much fun!  This is the only pic I took that turned out...I'm slacking these days on my photos!


Next up...So very excited to go visit my new grandson!

No comments: