Saturday, November 1, 2014

October Fun

State Farm Convention

Every few years, State Farm hosts a national convention for all of the agents.  Las Vegas tends to be the best place to do this because they can accommodate our numbers, it is pretty centrally located, & easy to get to.  We got to stay at Caesar's Palace this year...this is the view from our room...


We were invited to a fancy dinner because Paul has had a banner year...


His badge has a few of his accolades, not bad for a 37 year agent...


It's always fun to hang out with family at these events.  Both Kyle & Brent have agencies in the Folsom area & it was fun for us to be at the convention with them...



We went to dinner & a show, but I don't think I'd recommend it.  I would however suggest you try Serendipity's frozen hot chocolate - that stuff is awesome!


State Farm hosted a great closing evening at Sam Boyd Stadium.  Kool & the Gang was the opening act...Jungle Boogie, Hollywood Swinging, Get Down On It, Cherish, & of course, Celebration!  They played them all!



But the main attraction was definitely Bon Jovi! We had great seats & he sang most of our favorites; You Give Love a Bad Name, Bad Medicine, In & Out of Love, Wanted Dead or Alive...but he left us without Living On A Prayer...how does that even happen?  He doesn't sing his #1?  I know, I shouldn't complain...it was a Bon Jovi Concert!!!







Another Wedding

We had another wedding at the house for some friends of a friend.  It's always fun to see how they choose to use the place...





Youth Activity

Attended the Sacramento Temple with our youth for baptisms, then out for ice cream afterwards.  I really love serving with the Young Women!






Local G'kids Sports

We like to support our grandchildren's activities.  One Saturday we attended 2 basketball games, 3 soccer games & 1 football game!  That was all in just one day!!! These kids stay busy!











Ethan's Ordination

Ethan turned 12 & became a Deacon!  We were happy to be there to participate & celebrate with them.  Enjoyed a crazy game of Headbandz afterwards, too!





Fall Colors...

It seemed like Fall was short lived this year.  I did try to capture my trees out front, but photos just don't do them justice!




I do love fall colors!  It signals the beginning of the holidays to me.  I sure love family time together as we celebrate the season of gratitude & the gift of the Savior to the world!

No comments: