Saturday, January 16, 2016

Utah in January

Rick & Leah had a week long Vivint event to attend & needed a baby sitter, so we headed to Utah. Winter is NOT my favorite time of year to visit Utah, but when it comes to grandchildren...you do what you gotta do.  I was prepared to hibernate the entire visit because the weather man was reporting snow...of course there was snow on the ground already, but at least the roads were clear when we got there! Leah carpools with different people for the kids' schools & activities - smart girl. I volunteered to run shuttle for dance the first day we were there because the roads were clear. I'm really glad because by the time the kids got home from school the next day...it started snowing & I'm pretty sure it didn't stop! Liv had an early out day & came to play. She & Paul were playing in the snow when the girls got home - crazy G'pa is barefoot!




I have to admit, the snow is gorgeous & somewhat magical...it snowed all night!




The next day, Paul worked up a sweat shoveling the driveway. He did a great job & the sun came out long enough to dry out the walkway & clear the roads.



I literally did not leave Leah's house once it started snowing. We stayed busy inside with some fun things to do - like making "tortilla snow flakes" with butter & cinnamon sugar, so yummy!



Plenty of cousin fun with dress ups & fashion shows...


Trey loves Cooper's trains & Jude - so cute to see them together!


There were hours of fun & tons of laughter with a mat on the basement stairs...


Paul had to head back home for church & work. Family Night we played with cousins at Aunt Terri's (Memphis wasn't feeling the photo op)...




Saying goodbye...the kids were so excited to have their mom home & we were happy to be able to spend some time & build some memories with these cute kids. It is rewarding to see your children love being parents & doing such a great job raising some great people!


No comments: