Saturday, February 27, 2016

Valentine's Day in the Desert

We traded our timeshare points for a place in Palm Springs. Neither of us had been there so we thought we'd see what it was all about. Of course, we don't like to go down south without stopping by Gina's so we spent Valentine's Day & my birthday with them before heading to Palm Springs.  I got to help the kids make this fun little Valentine banner & decorate for Valentine's Day...


We took some photos at church as a warm up...


...the next day Gina let me play photographer & I got to take some individual & family pix of my favorite Deceusters. They were very good sports & we were happy with the images we captured...




It was a very warm day for February & by the time we were done...we all pretty much felt like this!


We said goodbye to these cuties & headed to Palm Desert. I wasn't feeling great as I had recently had some surgery & I missed out on some pretty cool hikes. We did take a few easy strolls on some of the smaller trails in Palm Canyon. These Fan Palm Trees are native to this area of the southwest...




We walked around Palm Springs, which appears to be a wannabe Vegas only a lot smaller. I must say, we did find a great place to eat at Lulu's California Bistro! The menu was fabulous, their presentation was unique, & their desserts were delightfully delicious! We ate there a few times...


I'm not sure I need to go back to Palm Springs, but then again...I probably didn't really give it a fair chance because I wasn't feeling great. So maybe she deserves a second chance?

1 comment:

Gina Deceuster said...

That's funny I felt the same way about Palm Springs. All this hype, then we tried it and were not impressed. Glad I'm not alone!