
Brother Higham is, what I would call, an expert on the Holy lands. We were privileged to travel to Israel with him twice- officially his 26th & 27th trips! Our first trip with Paul’s family is documented “here.”
When we heard Brother Higham was taking another trip, I convinced Paul to go again with our good friends, Mike & Vicky Macias - another M&M Adventure. (Here we are in the Mediterranean Sea.)

I had a great desire to return & really focus on where I was & what significant events occurred on each of the holy sites we visited. I think I was so “in awe” of where I was the first time around, I kept my camera in my face, (literally) taking thousands of pictures – focusing more on the pictures than where I actually was…so I was anxious to go again & just take it all in without the concern of “documenting” the trip. Even though we visited most of the same sites again (& yes, I still took some pictures – though not near as many), there were a few different sites with different experiences.
This song is one of my favorites & expresses some of the feelings I have about Israel…
I walked today where Jesus walked
In days of long ago
I wandered down each path He knew
With reverence step and slow
Those little lanes they have not changed
A sweet peace fills the air
I walked today where Jesus walked
And felt His presence there

Remnants of an old way of life is still evident in the "old city."

The Pools of Bethsda covered with the "Lilies of the field" - they are actually red, not white & grow naturally all over Israel in the springtime.

BYU Jerusalem Center is located near the Mt. of Olives with a spectacular view of the Old City across the valley.

The group sitting on the "2000 yr old steps" leading to the Temple Mount.
My pathway led through Bethlehem
Ah, memories ever sweet
The little Hills of Galilee
That knew those childish feet
The Mount of Olives, hallowed scenes
That Jesus knew before
I saw the mighty Jordan roll
As in the day yore

Shepherd's Field outside of Bethlehem.

Sea of Gallilee

Mt of Beatitudes near Capernaum, we could see the Gallilee from where we are sitting.

The River Jordan
I knelt to day where Jesus knelt
Where all alone He prayed
The Garden of Gethsemane
My heart felt unafraid
I picked my heavy burdened up
And with Him by my side
I climbed the Hill of Calvary
I climbed the Hill of Calvary
I climbed the Hill of Calvary
Where on the cross He died
I walked today where Jesus walked
And felt Him close to me

A very old olive tree in the Garden of Gethsemene.

Golgotha/Calvary

The Garden Tomb.
And just so you know…one does NOT need to physically “be” where Jesus walked to feel Him close to you – every time I see the sun rise/set, or hear the thunder roll, feel the cool mountain breeze, or hold a new born baby – I am CERTAIN that He lives & I feel His presence in my life.

Luke 24:2-6…”And they found the stone rolled away from the sepulchre. And they entered in, and found not the body of the Lord Jesus. And it came to pass, as they were much perplexed thereabout, behold, two men stood by them in shining garments: And as they were afraid, and bowed down their faces to the earth, they said unto them, Why seek ye the living among the dead?
He is not here, but is risen:”
7 comments:
Great pics, Mom! Glad you guys had fun. And glad you're back!
What an amazing trip. I felt the spirit just reading your post. Sign me up for Israel - Take 3!
Super awesome! Looks like it was fun the second time around! Glad you are home!
Looks amazing! I MUST take this trip. I will for sure contact you when I plan!
So fun! My parents had such a great time with you two crazy cats! Love the pictures! My dad already had his slide show up and running at Sunday dinner this weekend.
Brings back such great memories. So glad we could share that time with you two.
looks amazing!
Post a Comment