Near the Gallilee, we drove as far north as we could to the Golan Heights & the Lebanese Border. We started down this cute little road (that seemed friendly enough) towards this gate, but when we got there, that not so friendly little green sign you can barely see in the distance said, “No Entry, Closed Military Area” – well, we quickly turned around & said goodbye to Lebanon until another day…

We drove to Metulla to a shooting range. Evidently, any one can go to a shooting range & shoot any kind of gun you want. Paul & some others shot an Uzi.

Here are the sharp shooters proudly displaying their targets.

We stopped for a “dip in the Dead Sea." The mineral & salt content is crazy - anything & everything can float!

We visited Masada on our way to the Hashemite Kingdom of Jordan. Masada was the amazing “Summer Palace” of King Herrod the Great (aka; King Herrod the Baby Killer). It was built on this plateau high above the valley.
I’m not sure why I feel the need to do a handstand in incredible places like this - something just comes over me.
When in Jordan, we first went to a gourmet kitchen to cook a traditional Arab meal.


One of the Seven Wonders of the World, Petra is a city carved out of the rock walls of the mountains. Here is the group in front of The Treasury (as seen in Indiana Jones, The Last Crusade.) I love this photo taken by our tour guide…he almost got the Treasury in it, too.


After quite a hike, a donkey ride up a steep climb, & a little hike further, we came to the view from the "top of the world" – it was incredible. You can see Aaron’s Tomb on a nearby mountain top & the Arabah Valley.

I just couldn’t resist…

Merrill, Mike, & Vicky rode camels back to the beginning.


The guys on top of one of the many arches surrounding the deserts of Wadi Rum.

On to Switzerland…we traveled around the countryside by train; Zermatt, Geneva, Bern, & Zurich. First stop was Zermatt, the home of the famous Matterhorn; however, the Matterhorn was covered completed by it’s own little weather system – total white out! What can you do? It did finally clear up enough to see the base & half way up the mountain before we left.

This is what we were hoping to see...

We found tons of bakeries & CHOCOLATE shops...look closely & you will see Mike & Vicky inside buying a few samples.

Geneva...

Zurich...

Back to the Good Old USA, we enjoyed touring NYC - Gotta love Lady Liberty!

Junior's Cheesecake...awesome!

What is NYC without Broadway? We saw three shows; The Addams Family, Memphis the Musical, & Mary Poppins...Practically Perfect in Every Way.

We rode the carousel in Central Park.

I think this is a lame excuse for not shopping at Bloomingdales!

Serendipity's Frozen Hot Chocolate...yummy!

Got tickets to Letterman.

Chillin' in Time Square.

Traveling makes me appreciate the USA...I'm always happy to come home.
13 comments:
Did you see the Grinch on top of the Matterhorn?
Love seeing all your touring pics! Makes me feel like I got to go with you!
Sorry . . . I don't know why it posted my comment four times!
So fun! Adam and I are planning some kind of get away this summer. However it will probably just be to Disneyland and Utah. The middle east will have to wait!! Love all the pics!!
You guys look like a newlywed couple all snuggled up close. So cute! Always love the handstand pix. Keeps you young :) Love all the pix and miss you tons. Can't wait to see you Mom in less than 2 hours!
Cool pictures! Great form mom!
How weird that everything can float!!!
Hopefully Ben and I can travel some day. I would know who to talk to for some advice!
ok, I think if i could do handstands like that i would do them everywhere too! :) you rock! Love it.
Looks like you had a blast. Love seeing the pics. Thanks for sharing.
lettermen??? too funny.
Love it.
Thanks for sharing your trip. We are glad you are home too. The universe seems off when you guys leave the country. Thanks for making things right again.
You know the verse about how if your eye causes you to sin, gouge it out. Well, your blog causes me to sin/covet so what should i do?
In all seriousness - wow! So many fun trips all in one!
Wow! World travelers! Did you do a handstand on David Letterman's set?
Post a Comment