I LOVE fall colors - so much that my wonderful husband extended a business trip last October to drive me all over New England to enjoy the beautiful foliage. Although pictures don't do the trees justice, I tried to capture the trip HERE.
This year, you might say that my obsession with fall color has gotten a little out of hand...I have taken over 100 pictures of ...trees. Individual trees, groups of trees, even individual leaves. Here are a "few" of my favorites...






Fall colors simply make me happy - in fact, my wonderful husband planted a few colorful trees around our property just for ME. Each year the trees get bigger & the colors are more vivid & noticeable.
You don't need to go all the way to New England to see fall foliage...just come see us here in the Sierra Nevada foothills!
More fall fun...
Paul's parents came to stay with us one weekend & we enjoyed their company. We went to the Sacramento Temple...

We drove to the El Dorado County Historical museum in Placerville...

I love that my MIL loves museums & is interested in a variety of things. She is so fun to talk to & I really enjoy her company. We thought about jumping on this old "surrey with the fringe on top" but it probably would have crumbled with our weight.

And who doesn't love G'pa Fudge & his crazy sense of humor? He never meets a stranger & can put a smile on anyone's face with his silliness (but don't tell him I said so!). He wanted to pull his car over here to fill up with gas for pennies to the gallon but he couldn't figure out how to get it through the gate.

Apple Hill is a MUST SEE in the fall. Apples everywhere - apple pies, apple turnovers, apple fritters, apple dumplings, apple butter, apple cider, apple cider "milk shakes" - did I mention apples? YUMMY! There are tons of fun places to visit - farms & craft vendors & food & pony rides & a fishing pond & lots of people, & pumpkin patches...
Paul let me bring home these gems...
...& I found a home for them...
Paul seemed to be on the lookout for his NEXT project...a water wheel?
...a bear carving?
He just couldn't decide.
The Barn Dance... People seem friendlier this time of year. Our neighbors invited us to a good old fashioned ho-down...that's right, a Barn Dance. We helped set up & decorate the night before then the next day we got all duded up & enjoyed a barbeque & some square dancing - the caller was fantastic! We had a great time. Thanks for the invite Tom & Trish!
Neighbors in need...the deer come out lookin' for food this time of year & camp out on our property. They get up close & personal. They are more worried about finding food than they are about getting too close!
A Time to serve...there are many opportunities to serve all year long, but this time of year there seems to be an "attitude of gratitude" that motivates people to look outside their own lives to see where they can help. Our church takes on a quarterly assignment preparing & serving meals for those in need at The Upper Room in Placerville. Paul & I got to participate this month with some friends from church.


Getting ready for the holidays...Paul was a good sport & let me get carried away. He knows that I enjoy holiday decor - it makes me happy.
The rain even let up long enough for me to get my lights up...
At least I incorporated my fall leaves instead of my red Christmas bows...
As we begin this holiday season, we hope you have time to reflect on the blessings in your life as you gather with friends & family & are reminded of what matters most...
Happy Thanksgiving!
9 comments:
Haha - Mom, you are so cute. I like these self-indulgent posts. Believe it or not, we like to hear what goes on at the River.
And dad's hodown duds leave NOTHING to be desired. Simply fantastic. That looks like so much fun.
Was that a picture of Dad line dancing? I think we just found this summers reunion theme...
I like you decor. No doubt we are related!
I love those brassy looking pumpkins!
Dad won't wear a Halloween costume but he'll dress up for a ho-down?!!
Wish we were home to celebrate Thanksgiving! Love you!
C- We are "square" dancing, Dad is concentrating on the caller's directions.
T- Dad said to tell you that's not a costume, that's what we usually wear here on the River. :)
I love all of your decorations! Pretty pretty! Also love how close the deer got. Holiday time is here for sure!
your tree pictures are so pretty. i love fall too!
I love all your decorations and I can't wait to be somewhere where the trees change colors one day and the next morning the leaves aren't all on the ground! Welcome to Idaho!!! You two are darling and it's fun to see that you get to do so much together. Hope all is well!!
You and me with the leaves. Love, love, love them.
I also like that handsome cowboy of yours. Looks like you guys are just having fun in you little piece of paradise.
I'm so glad you captured what you love...and boy did you! You have become quite the photographer! I love the lives you lead. So fulfilling and fun!
Post a Comment