I am happy to announce that we are finally caught up with our Newlywed Weekends. It is actually kind of bittersweet…now what excuse can we come up with to spend some one on one time with our kids & their spouses?
Ty & Christi chose to go to Disneyland & Universal Studios. Ty hadn’t been to Disneyland since 8th grade & neither of them could remember much about Universal Studios. Naturally, we couldn’t pass by Bakersfield without stopping to see Grandma. She was excited to finally meet Christi. (If these pictures look familiar it’s because most of them are on Ty & Christi’s Blog, too.)

Of course I had to take the manditory pictures at the train depot & the castle…


The lines were surprisingly short – didn’t have to opt for any fast passes – & we rode most of the “E” Ticket rides by mid-afternoon. It probably won’t surprise you that I had my camera out, taking pictures even “during” the rides! I took a ton of pics on Space Mountain in the dark & most of them turned out! (The 1st one, I was trying to get all 4 of us but Paul leaned out of the frame - stinker!) I love the last picture of the picture of me taking a picture. :)




Buzz Lightyear…Christi put us all to shame.

The Matterhorn…I love how Ty is trying to protect Christi from getting wet.


Thunder Mountain Railroad…


Indiana Jones…

Of course we rode many more rides. When it was time for dinner we decided to find something at Downtown Disney – Ty doesn’t remember ever walking down it before. We had to check out this little cupcake store – Christi loves the TV Shows “Cupcake Wars” & “Cake Boss.”

And we all know what Ty loves (besides Christi of course)- we stopped by ESPN ZONE.

We decided to eat here because neither Ty or Christi had been here before…until we found out that there was an hour & a half wait…no thanks! Maybe some other time! We ended up with a yummy sandwich at La Brea Bakery instead.

The next day we made our way to Universal Studios Hollywood! Here we are on the Red Carpet…

We found Dora & Diego together!

The shows are awesome!

The Backlot Tour is always a favorite & it’s always changing. Norman Bates is after Ty as we drove by Psycho’s Bates Motel.

The props are great fun, too.

They have a couple of new rides we’d never been on that were super fun! I am NOT a fan of the Simpsons (it is just way too crude for me), but I have to admit that this ride was pretty cool. (It replaced the old Back to the Future ride – it’s now a virtual roller coaster gone bad…Simpson style.)

The Mummy Ride replaced the old ET Ride…although it was short, it was a crazy fast indoor roller coaster that even went backwards! Ty & Christi did this one twice.

The Jurassic Park ride has a nice little drop at the end – Ty got soaked!

We ate at Samba’s on the City Walk – it’s a Brazilian Steakhouse. They keep bringing meat around to your table until you can’t eat anymore – we tried about 10 different types of meat! Delicious dinner – yum!

Thanks for making some memories with us Ty & Christi - we had a great time!

We crashed at Gina’s on our way home. (Gina, thanks for sharing your home with us. It’s always fun to see your little family, even if we are just passing through.)
3 comments:
Thanks for sharing! I love to see all of the pictures. So cute!
It's been so long since I've been to Universal Studios.. I can hardly remember anything about it. I bet you guys are so over Disney.... I don't know if that will ever happen to me. I just love it there so much and I love by brother and his cute wife too!
They have a CUPCAKE SHOP at Disneyland now? I gotta go back! Looks like you guys had a great time! How could you not? It's the "happiest place on earth"! :)
Post a Comment