Sunday, October 16, 2011

Viva Las Vegas!

State Farm recently held a convention in Vegas. These events are always fun for us, but they are especially fun because we have children in the same business who happened to be there, too.



We started out with dinner at the Rain Forest Cafe and the Cirque du Soleil show at the MGM, KA.




The next evening Paul and I went to see another Cirque du Soleil. (They are taking over Vegas!) I "LOVE"d it! :)




Afterwards we met the kids at Serendipity's for treats. We shared their signature "frozen" hot chocolate - YUM! Then enjoyed a pleasant walk back to the Paris...the lights are so fun and we caught the tail end of the Bellagio's water show.






It wasn't all play...there were business meetings daily at the Thomas and Mack Arena where they discuss the industry and where it's headed. They are very informative and motivational. I like all the new commercials State Farm has launched recently, all having to do with this...



The last evening we had a huge event at Sam Boyd Stadium - there are so many agents at this event that every bus in Vegas was being rented to transport everyone to the stadium. Our "bus" was actually a limousine! It had a full bar and sofa seating!




They put on a BBQ and we were entertained by the Legends of Vegas...Garth, Celine, the Rat Pack, Elvis, Tina Turner, and Rod Stewart. Elvis Is always my favorite, long live the King!




A parade escorted us into the stadium where we enjoyed a concert by Don Henley...pretty epic, huh?




They closed the convention in style with a full fireworks show - goodbye Vegas! I love your shows but I will not miss your smokey casinos that they make you walk through to get to all of the shows and even your room! Cough, cough, cough...don't they know that 2nd hand smoke can kill ya?

2 comments:

The Horners said...

SO AWESOME!!!! Wish I could have gone!!!

Chris Holyoak said...

Looks like so much fun. Kiff and I always talk about making a trip to Vegas! Glad you guys had a good time without us. I know it was hard.