We were happy to have Cindi & Terri linger a little longer after the family reunion. We just hung out & visited with cousins. On Sunday after church, we made cookies & had a push-up contest (captured on my iPhone)...
We played the "Name Game" (a family favorite) & had a dance party - the kids loved the "congo line!"
On Monday, G'pa had to go to San Jose to work but he gave the kids one last story before he left...
Then Amy watched all the kids so Terri & Cindi could enjoy a lunch out with some siblings...
The next day, Cindi's childhood BFFs came to visit. We love these girls soooo much!
| Vanessa, Cindi, Jenny & Ethan, Jessica & Hayden |
Hey Jude LOVED the water! I decided I would help him find a good spot to play in & as I picked him up & began to move, I slipped on a rock & down I went! Happy to say I was able to keep him & my iPhone out of the water!
Tuesday was also Pioneer Day - although technically this is a Utah Holiday, Mormons all over the USA celebrate our great pioneer heritage - those who blazed the trail WEST for a "new start" where they could worship without persecution. Our own El Dorado Stake gathers every year at Henningsen Park down the street from us in Lotus, CA to celebrate & honor these brave pioneers.
Well, we gathered when they suggested we gather & found that we were one of the 1st ones there...it was hot & the kids were ready to party! It took people about an hour to set things up...needless to say, our littles were antsy! Ty's friends, the Maughan twins, were visiting with their wives, too - John & Casey AND Joe & Michelle. They were good sports & tried to entertain the kids with a little Duck, Duck, Goose & Button, Button, Who Has the Button?
Terri & Jude enjoyed wrestling on the blanket...
Then Unka Ty decided to add his own little game of excitement...
FINALLY, the Mormon Battalion brought in their canon & the Scouts had a Flag ceremony to announce the beginning of the festivities! There was food, pioneer games, face painting, & other activities to enjoy...
A big hit with the kids was the snow cone & cotton candy booths...
We took an "instant" family photo by one of the wagons - compliments of Studio B... Poor Liv-love was sad because there wasn't room on the saddle for her, too, but she felt better to get a chance & to sit in the wagon...
Wednesday morning we said goodbye to the Horners as they headed back to Utah & I took Cindi & the Midgets to Oakland to catch their plane. We left early enough to visit the Oakland Temple & visitor's center. It was a nice afternoon on the temple grounds where we are reminded of the importance of families.
I'm pretty sure everyone was exhausted but I was glad the girls could "linger longer" - I enjoyed the extra time together. This has been a rough year for Cindi & I know she felt the love & support from her family.
Family traditions counter alienation and confusion. They help us define who we are; they provide something steady, reliable and safe in a confusing world.
SUSAN LIEBERMAN, New Tradition
|
2 comments:
That looks like so much fun. Sad I had to miss it but I have a cute boy to show for it.
That pic of Liv breaks my heart. :(
Seems like that was forever ago. We sure had a great time! Thanks for being a great host. We can't wait to come back!
Post a Comment