My Mom's side of the family meet every year for a great BBQ! Here are our guests of honor...
My Uncle Al used to do all the cooking, but he has since passed the torch to his son (My Cousin Larry) & his Baby Brother (My Uncle Roger). These guys are awesome grill masters!
There is no shortage of good eats; however, I didn't get a photo! I know, I was off my game still. Nonetheless, we did plenty of grubbin!
Of course, all that food makes us all so lethargic, so there was a lot of lazying around, too...but good quality time with family!
Some of the cousins finally got a game of Hacky-Sack going...Ben's still got it!
My Cousin Donna (a brand new grandma) brought the tent for her newest treasure, Amelia. It was kinda chilly when we all got there, so the tent came in handy...
In fact, it created quite the attraction...
Of course, with baby Amelia & baby Tyler in it, how could we not gather to googly-goggly at them...so stinking cute! As a matter of fact, people were fighting over the babies. Kristi & Dara worked together to distract Tyler so they could trim his nails, but it looks like Dara ended up with the goods...doesn't she look like a natural? She will make a great mom someday (soon I hope - no pressure!).
Even Great Grandma Glenda got in on a little Tyler-Time!
We had a couple of other new faces this year, Gale's new wife Deena & Joy's friend Spencer joined us...
Awe...such cute cousins...
Remember when we were cute cousins, Dondi? Now we're just old cousins...(but I still love you with all my heart!)
Well, we didn't gather for a total group picture, but I managed to get family groups so here goes...
Uncle Al's family...
Auntie Glenda's family (that's my Mom)...
Auntie Shirley's family...
Wait a minute! Where's Uncle Roger & Auntie Sassy & Craigie? How did I miss getting their picture? I could have sword I took one , but it is nowhere to be found...I have FAILED as the self-proclaimed family historian! Bummer! Next year I will have to take 2! Sorry guys...if anyone else got one, send it to me & I will plug it in here...
I did get plenty of MY family...
Yep! My brother Dennis brought me this little sign which pretty much sums it all up...but it goes both ways. I am the baby sister with 3 older brothers - I am rotten (& extremely lucky) because of them.
What great thing is there for human souls that to feel that they are joined for life - to be with each other in silent unspeakable memories." - George Eliot
No comments:
Post a Comment