My son-in-law, Kiff, asked me way back in September if I could help him with a surprise for Jill. He was planning a little get away & wanted to know if I could come & stay with the kids. After checking calendars, he made all the arrangements...I was VERY impressed.
He flew me out to SeaTac & I took the Airporter, then a taxi to his clinic to drop off my bags. He then sent me in that taxi to get a massage followed by dinner at his sister's restaurant. He picked me up after he got off work & we drove back to his house. I waited in the car for a few minutes while he went inside to make sure she was ready...
I knocked on the door & the kids were pretty excited to see me standing there...I think Jill was both confused & relieved to see me. Kiff told her they needed to leave right away to catch their flight to Las Vegas! She looked so beautiful & happy to have some time alone with her husband.
We said goodbye to them & settled in for a Friday night movie...
I was really worried about how Jack would react to me since he doesn't really know me as well as the others do, but the rest of the kids were so excited to see me, it made him excited to see me, too! He just kinda stared at me from across the room, grinning...it didn't take him long to cuddle up to me. It made me happy...
Saturday swim lessons were cancelled, but we made the best of it at the local DQ!
Macy & I took advantage of nap time to get a little sewing lessons in...she got a sewing machine for her birthday so we learned about her machine & practiced a few different stitches...
While we were out, we picked up some flannel at Walmart to make some pajama pants. I made her pin the pattern to the fabric & cut it out all by herself...she was so patient & did a great job start to finish!
She also learned how to make potholders with a loom...she's a little crafter after my own heart!
She was having SEW much fun, the next day after church, she decided to make a little skirt for Penelope with her leftover fabric...ADORABLE! Pip was pretty excited about it, too, when she woke up from her nap.
I was able to keep them busy decorating Christmas trees while I made dinner...
They turned out pretty cute!
Jack was happy in his chair...
The boys & I had fun waiting for Penelope to get out of school...
Before I knew it, Jill & Kiff were home! I stayed an extra day to visit with them, too. That night for FHE we went to this crazy house with crazy Christmas lights/displays everywhere!
Jill snapped these pix as we toured the displays...
This place was crazy...& so is she!
After dinner the kids put on a puppet show with the pencil toppers we made...
I hate the distance between us but I cherish the opportunity to come & visit. Thanks for trusting me with your beautiful children - I love them so, so much! You're pretty awesome, too.
































1 comment:
What a wonderful treat for everyone. Making memories is so fun. These moments are why we didn't give our kids away years ago. :-)
Post a Comment