Marjorie Pay Hinckley once said, "A woman's significant role is that of being an influence wherever she is. It is her role not only to give life, but to shape lives."
Glenda Lucille Cowell Harwell, has done that for our family. Just as the Savior taught to "love thy neighbor as thyself," she is a constant inspiration of how we should treat others; with kindness, with tolerance, with acceptance, without judgement. This is one of my favorite pictures of her, taken around the time I was born.
Barbara Jeanne Jenkins Middleton, is a great example of faith & charity. She lives her testimony of the Gospel in all that she does & always puts family first. This picture was taken on her wedding day.
Thomas S Monson has said, "Mother, more than any other word, is held in universal esteem by all people. It brings forth from the soul the most tender of hidden emotions, prompts more good deeds, kindles memories' fires as they burn low, and reminds all to strive to be better."
Happy Mother's Day, we love you!


3 comments:
Love you, Mom! Can't wait to see you in a week! Happy Mother's Day - I thought about you all day.
Can I borrow your book when you get it all figured out? My garden is like 3 times that size and I'm just winging it! Hope your Mother's Day was great, you are a wonderful mother that many of us are still wtching for pointers after all the years before. Love ya, CAN YOU BELIEVE YOUR BABY'S COMIN' HOME? WOW!
I love this post! Grandma looks so excited and happy!
Post a Comment