Thursday, May 15, 2008

Welcome HOME Elder Carter!


Ty served two years in the Londrina Brazil Mission..."Well done, thou good & faithful servant: thou hast been faithful over a few things, I will make thee ruler over many things..." Matthew 25:21


Ty made it home safely this afternoon; he missed a couple of connections but managed to make it to his final flight in time - although his luggage never made it past Miami...they did send his bags out to the house when they finally came in. We are all relieved & excited to have him home. He was greeted by a few local family members, Brent & Nicole didn't make it for the group photo, but they took their lunch hour to drive out to the airport to welcome him home...


G'ma took the train up to welcome him home, too ...


... & buddy Steven was waiting for him when we got to the Riverhouse - they wasted no time catching up.

12 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

Cute! He looks so great. I can't wait to see him, too!

The McGraths said...

Hahaha! I've had several people ask me if that is really Ty or the cardboard cutout!

Vanessa said...

He's back!! So fun, tell him Tyler and I say hellow!

Vanessa said...

or hello that would work too

kelly ferg said...

So happy for you that Ty is home safe and sound. He really looks happy. Wish we could have been there to welcome him but Travis will be "representing" on sunday. Send all the return missionary pointers this way, we're next.

Rebecca said...

Yay! How exciting!

Lauren said...

Hey! Congratulations. I can't believe that is Ty! He looks so grown up and tall. Anyway, I'm glad to see that things are going well. (Lauren McCann Stacey)

Dan and Janay said...

Congrats! Welcome home.

janay

karen garner said...

Congratulations!!!! - glad he's home safe and sound and handsome as ever. Your blog and Ty's blog are so great - what awesome, adorable pictures and write-ups.

Dacia said...

Welcome home Ty!!! Wish we were there!!!

My Dearest Rich said...

YAY!!! Welcome home! I'm sure you are SO excited! Does he talk with broken english?! Ha, I remember that about Jason, and also would end his sentences on a higher note. :)

Melinda said...

Hooray, I'll bet it's so great to have him home!