Saturday, May 7, 2011

Hey Jude!

Isn’t he a beautiful baby boy?



I flew into Utah the day after Jude was born. I got there just in time to bring them home from the hospital.




I ended up staying almost two weeks to “help” Terri get adjusted to their newest addition. We don’t normally stay this long (unless there is an unusual need), but with Women’s Conference in the middle of our visit (& the fact that I “forgot” to get a return flight – silly me), she ended up with a little extra attention. Terri is adjusting wonderfully & she is doing fantastic…she looks pretty terrific, too!



I hope we didn’t wear her out too much because we certainly packed in a lot of fun while we were there!

We celebrated Easter on a gorgeous spring-like day. We played bubbles, painted, colored eggs, & had an egg hunt.













Jude is so handsome & dearly loved by his family – especially his “big sister.”




Aunt Leah & family came over several times while we were there. Livi LOVES Uncle Rick & her cousins, Keira & Lexi!






A couple days later, Paul flew in so he could help out, too. It was extra nice to have him there so I could attend BYU Women’s Conference with the girls.



We appreciate Ben & Terri blessing Jude so early so we could participate in that special day with them. Ben gave him a beautiful blessing & we celebrated with family afterwards with a yummy brunch. It was nice to visit with Ben’s family, too.







Ben’s family…



Terri’s family…



Family of FOUR.



I was super excited to be in Utah during the Tulip Festival at Thanksgiving Point – I had NO IDEA that place was that big! I felt bad for taking Terri there…it was probably a little too soon to have her walking around so much – sorry! It was a gorgeous day & the tulips did NOT disappoint. Leah joined us & the girls were more excited about running around than they were about looking at all the beautiful flowers. They especially loved feeding the Koi in the pond.





The next day we went to the Legacy Center’s indoor pool. At least Terri could sit & rest while grandpa & Leah swam with the girls. They had a great time.







Austin & his girls joined us for dinner that night – “Uncle Paul” really knows how to get kids to laugh with his silliness.



On the way to the airport, we stopped by Tyler & Vanessa’s to see their newest little angel, Shae.



I enjoyed holding Jude & playing with Liv. She chose my princess outfit for me.




We feel so very blessed to have another healthy grandchild. Jude is #23, putting the boys in the lead (12 boys vs 11 girls). Thanks for putting up with us, T. We love you all tons & look forward to watching Jude grow…send LOTS of pictures!

6 comments:

The Horners said...

My handsome boy! We enjoyed having you! We stayed pretty busy didn't we? Love you so much!

Misty said...

Oh man! He's so precious! You guys did keep busy and I LoVE that you have a dress-up on around your neck! Such a good mom/grandma! Happy mother's day!

Bassetts said...

Busy busy! So glad you could stay so long so we could visit with you too. We had tons of fun. Miss you already :) You really got some great pix.

The Holyoaks said...

I look at this post every day!

rad6 said...

All of your children and grandchildren are amazingly beautiful. Wow. no exception here... so precious. I love your blog!
:) Thanks for your comments and support this week too... you definitely know the drill! Love you - both!
- all!
Ruth

Linda and Rex said...

Wow, did you pack enough in that trip? Jude is gorgeous. Are boys allowed to be gorgeous? I love Terri's hair. You have a beautiful family. I do too. Thanks for checking in on them.