Tuesday, May 17, 2011

A Sibling Reunion

Paul & his sisters (& their spouses) joined us recently for a little sibling reunion. Mom & Dad were the guests of honor.

We enjoyed visiting & catching up.





We ate A LOT!





We strolled Historic Old Folsom & browsed the shops.






We celebrated Dad’s 80th birthday.



Laura & Eric put together a “newspaper” with articles contributed by many members of the entire family. They did such a great job & we appreciate their hard work - we all enjoyed reading our very own copy of the final print.







It was nice growing up with someone like you - someone to lean on, someone to count on... someone to tell on! ~Author Unknown



To the outside world we all grow old. But not to brothers and sisters. We know each other as we always were. We know each other's hearts. We share private family jokes. We remember family feuds and secrets, family griefs and joys. We live outside the touch of time. ~Clara Ortega



The family is one of nature's masterpieces. ~George Santayana

Looking forward to our next get together in 2013!

7 comments:

The Holyoaks said...

That looks like fun and the weather is beautiful. Whaaaaaaaa! I want some BBQ.

The Horners said...

I'm with Jill. Very fun!

Middleton said...

Such a beautiful family! I'm lucky my kids have some of that blood. Looks like you all had a great time together. I'm glad. :)

Unknown said...

What a fun get together, I would love a shot at looking at the newspaper that was made for your family. I love that idea. Share the close-ups! Love ya!

Bassetts said...

What a treat! It looks like a blast. What a cute family :)

Linda and Rex said...

It was fun, wasn't it.

karen garner said...

Wow - thanks for the awesome pictures. THANKS heavens for Jenny who stays "on top" of everything for her guests, including the photography. These pics tell some great memories.