For the past three years our friends, Tom & Trisha, have hosted a Barn Dance. It has evolved into quite the production - they invite family, friends, neighbors, & business associates. This year there were about 160 people in attendance. They hold it in their barn, have it catered, & provide a "caller" for the square dancing. It really is a lot of fun!
Thanks Tom & Trisha, we had a great time & we hope you keep us on the guest list! :)
Da Boyz
We try to get to the local g'kids' sporting events when we can. Sometimes they all play at the same time so it makes it difficult to catch them all. We recently made it to three of da boyz games.
Unfortunately, there was a mix up with Trevor's game so we didn't get to see him play but I managed to get a few pix of him warming up...he is an intense athlete!
It's also fun to watch him getting a few pointers from his dad...
Next we made our way to Cade's soccer game. I love his team name..."they may take our lives, but they'll never take... OUR FREEDOM!"
Cade is an aggressive player, VERY high energy!
Carson's "Crocodiles" played the "Super Socks"...I love it when the coaches let the team's pick their team names, I even saw some "Princess Players"...priceless!
It was really hot by the time Carson's game rolled around...those little guys were melting! Carson was so excited that we were there to see him score! I love his victory dance...the look on his face was totally worth sitting in the heat!
Date Night with Mom & Dad
Last FHE we had a Date Night with Mom & Dad. We met at Pizza My Heart for dinner, then walked next door to see Clint Eastwood's new movie Trouble With the Curve...fun night!
Relief Society General Broadcast
I enjoyed a GNO with my "world-wide sisterhood" as we gathered in meeting houses all over the world to hear our new Relief Society Presidency's first Relief Society Broadcast. I have learned to love Sister Beck & her counselors these past few years & now it looks like we have another incredible group of ladies to learn from, too! It was a wonderfully uplifting meeting...plus we had a marvelous dinner prior to the event. I got to sit with my cousin Kim...love her so much!
Moonlight Hike
When I got home from the RS Broadcast, Paul & I joined a group of avid hikers for a Moonlight Hike. They meet every Full Moon to take a local hike in the moonlight. This night they were hiking the Monroe Ridge, right above Coloma, which Paul & I have done several times. It's about a 3 mile hike, climbing several switchbacks up the ridge over looking the Coloma Valley. It was a beautiful night & a great group of people. Thanks for the invite Deanna & thanks for the photo Amber.
So that's the kind of "stuff" this September was filled with. We are looking at a VERY busy October as well...Life. Is. Good.
1 comment:
Dang, you guys are busy! But what's new? Is it just me or do those boys jerseys look pink? Are they aware of that? :) We miss you guys!
Post a Comment