We had Terri & her family join us for FHE - Pizza & Halloween crafts...of course, they couldn't pass up some shenanigans with G'pa!
The next day Rick took us to the new Scheel's Sporting Goods Store - that place is crazy big! Couldn't believe the Ferris Wheel was only $1.00! Pretty cheap entertainment!
Then Keira & Lexi squeezed in a neighborhood Halloween party & afterwards we went to get some pumpkins to carve. Rick is a talented artist like his mom...he helped Keira carve a Spiderman pumpkin.
I got to help Keira make some ghost treats to share with her class for her Halloween party the next day at school...
Terri & family came over for dinner & trick-or-treating. We had all our traditional Halloween favorites; hot cider, a pot of chili, & some donuts. They all looked so cute in their costumes!
They were so excited! I couldn't even keep up with them as they ran from house to house!
Even Jude got in on the action, but he wasn't in a big hurry at all!
Leah had a costume for Cooper so he wouldn't feel left out...although he wasn't thrilled with this photo shoot!
Evidently Paul's costume was pretty scary...
It was a fun evening (thank goodness little ones tire quickly) - they seemed to have just as much fun passing out candy at their own front door! These silly girls are all about silly pictures!
The next morning we just played with the girls at home & went to a park near Leah's house. They just added some fun new playground equipment & we didn't waste any time trying it out...
But even with all that fancy equipment, wrestling with G'pa is still a favorite!
The next day we went to play at Terri's house. Olivia loved having 3 adults to play with while Jude was napping...
It never takes the little ones long to start climbing on G'pa & giggling out of control...it's so fun to watch...it is one of the things I love most about Paul - his ability to make kids laugh & have fun with them.
They even let me in on the fun...
Paul can actually get them to calm down, too...they know he loves them & they love him!
That evening we met up with our Carter Cousins at Chili's for dinner. Love these Carter Critters so very much!
Saturday, we decided to tackle Cornbelly's at Thanksgiving Point. Since it was the weekend after Halloween, it wasn't that crowded at all. They were having their Pumpkin Smash event where they smash all their leftover pumpkins with monster tractors, canons, crane drops, & even a helicopter drop - you could even bring your own to smash!
The kids had a blast! There were tons of hands on activities, rides, slides, bounce houses - they were all smiles!
|
Keira was in a pie eating contest...couldn't believe they had one for 4 year olds, but she did great! They couldn't use their hands & they all did great until they got to the crust - we were very proud of her for being so brave to try it in front of such a big crowd.
Getting ready for the Pumpkin Smashing...
We had a "smashing" good time! Not sure Cooper knew what was going on, but he was there, here's proof!
Sunday was a beautiful day for a baby blessing! Rick did a great job & Cooper slept through the whole meeting like a little angel. We walked to & from church...their entire ward literally consists of 3 blocks!
Paul made waffles for everyone - I look like I'm helping but all I really did was cut up some fruit for the waffle bar...
Family & friends in attendance...
Middleton cousins...
Proud grandparents...
Leah's beautiful family...
I thought this was a sweet moment as Terri & Leah were taking pictures of Cooper...she got some really great shots!
Here's a couple that I snapped...Cooper Lyman Bassett...were are so happy to have you in the family!
We love our Utah families & always wish we could see them more often. Thanks for sharing your cute little critters with us! We had such a great time!
4 comments:
Cuteness!!!
You got it all in one post??? I'm impressed... or maybe I'm just taking too many pictures. We had such a great time. Thank you for everything. We miss you already!
He is a beautiful baby! And it seems like you had a wonderful trip :)
Cooper is beautiful. Is that allowed, for boys to be beautiful? Well he is. Leah looks great. And I have to say I loved Jude costume. He was adorable.
Post a Comment