A couple of weeks ago, Paul was invited to a business event in Monterey. He was "wined & dined" (minus the wine since we don't drink) & congratulated for his awesomeness...it was a beautiful weekend!
We stayed right on Cannery Row at the Clemment Intercontinental...fancy schmancy!
I enjoyed walking along the waterfront taking in the sights & smells, while Paul was being patted on the back in meetings...it was so peaceful. I was amused by the seagulls, they couldn't be bothered by me & they didn't budge as I crowded their space...
One of my favorite things about these trips are the unique places they find for us to stay & EAT! We were not disappointed in their choice of fancy restaurants to hold their honors dinner...The Sardine Factory!
We ate in their famous Cellar - beyond fancy!
You can see beyond the iron gates the side catacombs that hold their massive wine collection...the group we were with were quite impressed as they described the collection, but truth...it was wasted on us since we know nothing about that kind of thing. However, the meal was incredible.
Half way through the meal they brought out these gorgeous individual lighted swan ice sculptures carrying a scoop of sorbet...a palate cleanser for each person...impressive!
Sometimes these experiences seem surreal...but oh, so fabulous!
2 comments:
Well that is fancy if I ever saw fancy. What a fun and unique experience. Paul deserves lots of pats on the back. You deserve some quite time with the gulls. Think I would go for the quite time too. :)
Monterey is so beautiful. I would love to go there next time we are in town and have the time.
Post a Comment