We recently held a Turkey Bowl activity - the youth actually used frozen turkeys for "bowling" over 2 liter bottles filled with water...the boys against the girls. It was a crazy fun activity with a great turn out!
The boys won...
...so the girls had to cook those same turkeys for the boys the following week for our "Winner Dinner." The leaders actually cooked the birds & the girls brought all the sides. Of course, the youth were given non-traditional plates & utensils to eat with...gobble, gobble! They were all really good sports about it!
It's been a while since I've worked with the youth, but I know I am going to love it...
However, this could take some getting used to...
Yep, Paul was called to be the new Bishop of the Rescue Ward last week. He's pretty nervous, but I know that he will do a great job - he works very hard at everything he does. He is honest, has great integrity, is extremely obedient & strives to do what is right. I have great confidence in him.
In the words of our daughter Jill, "He's a wonderful father to many already, what's a few hundred more souls?"
In the spirit of Thanksgiving, I am grateful for the blessings I enjoy - especially the blessings of family - immediate & extended. I am grateful for the opportunity to live in this great country that allows me freedom of religion. I love the gospel of Jesus Christ & I am grateful for my membership in The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints. I was baptized this weekend...39 years ago.
"I'm a Mormon. I know it. I live it. I love it!"
6 comments:
Oh no does this mean you have to start staying in town?? I love seeing your travel pictures! Congratulations you both are and will be great.
-ReBecky
You have so many more youth than we do! Or at least that come to mutual. Haha. What a fun activity. I will pass that along to my YW pres. I also can't believe that you were in the RS pres for 3 years?! Time flies! You will do a great job with the youth. Kids have always loved you.
Dad will be so great, too. It was only a matter of time and for him to think he may have actually gotten out of having to serve as a bishop at some point makes me laugh! Yeah right, buddy!
ReBecky, We may have to clip our traveling wings for a season...we have been so blessed to see a good chunk of this beautiful planet & we will have other opportunities to travel...but we are excited for this opportunity to serve for a season, too. I will just have to see your traveling pictures for a while. :)
Oh man. Love the fun changes going on. There is a season for everything, isn't there? Yeah for YW! I know you always loved that when we were young. Glad Dad's talents can be utilized even more. Oh and I got some tips from Rick's uncle (he's a bishop, too) on how to stay awake during sacrament meeting :)
Wow! congrats! I've been in YW for 6 yrs now, 5 of those as President. I love it! And this is my second time around as President of YW. Now you're a Bishop's wife too! What a blessing, you both will be wonderful,I can tell by your testimony and all the things I learn about you from your blog.
That game looks so fun! What a great idea!!!
I know Dad will be a great Bishop. The Rescue Ward is so lucky to have him and so are we. He is the best at everything he does. He is lucky to have you there to support and encourage him.
Post a Comment